I Will Always Love You, which is a very romantic song, became one of the theme song for the romantic thriller genre film Bodyguard directed by Mick Jackson, which was released in 1992. Where Whitney Houston role as Rachel Marron, a superstar. And Kevin Costner as Frank Farmer, a former secret agent who switched professions to become a professional bodyguard, hired by Rachel Marron.
I Will Always Love You, created in 1973 and was first popularized by country singer Dolly Parton, in April 1974 the album Jolene. Two months later, on June 8, 1974, the song successfully topped the Billboard Hot Country Singles.
I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston sung reached the height of his success, there were more than 12 million copies sold worldwide. Also recorded in VH'1 100 Greatest Love Songs of the Past 25 Years, is in position 8. At position 4 in VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s, and no.1 in VH1's 100 Greatest Love Songs. Also in the top 68 in Billboard's Greatest Songs of all time.
This song is getting a lot of awards, including:
- Grammy Awards, in the category Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
- American Music Awards, in the category of Favorite Pop / Rock Single and Favorite Female R & B / Soul Female Single.
- Billboard Music Awards, in the category of Top Selling Single of the Year, Top Hot 100 Single of the Year, Top Selling R & B Single of the Year, and Top R & B Single.
- World Music Awards, in the category of World's # 1 Single of 1993.
- MTV Movie Awards, for Best Song.
- People's Choice Awards, for Favorite Female Music Video category.
- Soul Train Music Awards, for Best R & B / Soul Single Female.