Tuba is also a brass instrument with the greatest length of 90 cm. Tuba has a 3 to 5 valve and creates a rich tone but with a soft voice. This instrument is most effective when playing solo "staccato". In the orchestra there is usually only one Tuba, however in certain circumstances Tuba sometimes takes a second. The role of this instrument in the brass section is as bas. Although rarely plays the solo, sometimes also play a melody.
- Richard Strauss (Also sprach Zarathustra, Eine Alpensinfonie).
- Shostakovich (Fifth symphony).
- Stravinsky (The Rite of Spring).
- Edgard Varese (deserts).
- Richard Wagner (Lohengrin, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg,
- Ride of the Valkyries).
- Sergei Prokofiev (Fifth Symphony).